Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A glimpse into the future.

I'm calling this an insomnia entry. (Note the time--and I've been working on my blog list and eating toast and hot chocolate for the past hour and lying in bed awake listening to a fire alarm periodically beep due to low battery for an hour before that.) I felt like I had a little glimpse into the future while dreaming; (I was able to sleep earlier). I had a dream that the boys were doing most of their trick-or-treating online. People would drop little online treats into their "baskets"--things like small redeemable gift certificates. They still wore costumes and did a small bit of traditional trick-or-treating.

Lying in bed thinking about this dream made me remember bits of a conversation I had with my dad years ago when the internet was first starting to become mainstream. He said that there was some concern that the world wide web would fill up, or there wouldn't be room for anymore fibers in the web, and then it would basically explode.

No comments: