Sunday, May 3, 2009

We're Ticked

There are some perks of living on "the farm." Some special discoveries, in other words. One of my favorites is:

finding a tick on a squash. In the house.

Also, finding a tick burrowed in Micah's head,
finding 12+ ticks in the dogs and horses,
finding a live tick in the dryer lint,
finding one crawling on my pajamas (!),
one on the hall door,
the inside window,
the kitchen floor,
etc.

All within a week or two.

Another fun one is having "the farmer" covered in this--all over the body:


Thanks poison ivy.
There's nothing as romantic as rolling over to snuggle your "farmer" and finding him scratching multiple swollen, weeping pustules.

Here's one for the Princess Bride fans:

A mini ROUS.
Or opossum on deck,
eating dog food.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry about the ticks and the poison ivy (or just "poison" as we say down here). I laughed at the opossom. We had a ROUS the other day that turned out to be a huge groundhog. We did a little research revealing that groundhogs are also called wood-chucks and whistlepigs. I'm sure Eli already knew this, but we found it quite fascinating!

Ashly said...

aarghh.. that last pic had me recoil... yuck. *shudder*... sorry about the tick infestation. I was brushing natty's hair 2 years ago and I found a "scab" on her scalp, which I thought was odd, but then I saw legs. so I had to get the tweezers out and let me tell you: I was not popular.

Anonymous said...

aghhh! You are WAY better than me! oh, and yesterday was so boring without you.

bryceandjamie said...

Uggg! I can't believe the ticks!!! Eek-- I guess it's either scream or laugh right? The opossum really had me laughing--- dog food... who knew they liked dog food??