Sunday, November 1, 2009

Getting dressed up and high on sugar.


Mo-Tab

The Farmer and I dressed up for the first time since newly wed days, thanks to our fun friends who had a fun party for grown-ups. We're already planning next year's get-up.



TV reporter in TV

I told him that he was getting too old to go buy or make fancy costumes complete with swords and stuff and he needed to come up with something creative that we could put together. This was completely his idea. Greg helped a little with the box.



Daniel Boone

Seth ate his last piece of Halloween candy from last year just minutes before leaving to go trick-or-treating yesterday. I'm not making this up.



I've been calling this a leopard, but Eli informs me that, based on its color and spot pattern, it's actually a jaguar.



Monkey boy

He wore this outfit for about 20 minutes, just enough time to spit up all over it and leak pee on it.


I like the idea of making Halloween really fun for my kids, i.e. throwing a fun kids' party, making great costumes, decorating the house awesomely, making donuts like my mum did, etc. But I'm actually a pretty lame Halloween mom. And today I've thrown out a couple of half-hearted "Better stop eating so much candy" statements but haven't followed through on them at all. And that's the other thing: what should be done with all that candy? Better moms have come up with good solutions involving the kids trading in most of their candy and such, but I've never heard one that would actually work for our family. The best I can do is to slowly sneak Micah's candy over a few days, thus diminishing his stash without him noticing. I know: lame. I suppose there's always next year.

4 comments:

Brady and Melody said...

My mostest highest compliments. They're all awesome, especially Seth's either self control or ability to find hidden candy he forgot about.

Katie said...

So cute!!! I love that Seth rationed his candy so well. I usually throw away the last half of Sam's around Valentine's day. The girls' will be gone by Wednesday!

bryceandjamie said...

I think the Mo-tab costumes win! We couldn't stop laughing. And, kudos to Eli on his TV costume!

Anonymous said...

You and Greg are awesome! I laughed out loud! (only a cool Halloween mom would dress up like that!) Love the boys' costumes, too. I'll call you tomorrow.